Thursday 29 December 2011

maybe it's time for a seachange

I recently had the pleasure of a visit from a friend who earlier this year packed up and moved her life to Perth on the whim of needing something new. I guess I could understand it at the time although I have to admit, the thought of moving to Perth, to the opposite side of the country, had never crossed my mind. 

During the short time she was there, she seems to have gained a lot of clarity in her life. She's changed what she's studying and completely changed her lifestyle for the better. All of that while I have continued along, studying the same course I've been studying for 5 years now, surrounded by the same people and living the same life. 

It made me wonder whether I need a seachange.. a change-up.. a shake-up... Call it what you will, but I began to wonder whether the time had come for me to make a change.  

It takes a lot of courage to leave everything you know to take a chance on something that could completely blow up in your face in a place you're not familiar with.

I want to be able to take that leap into the unknown and just trust that it will all work out for the best. 

Six months until I finish my degree and I think now, having seen how wonderfully a seachange can impact your life, I'll definitely be considering a move.. a change. There's so much out there to let it go to waste because you're afraid of failing.



x nicole rene 

No comments:

Post a Comment