Friday 29 July 2011

splendour dreaming

So, it's that time of year again... That time of year when I find myself wishing I had purchased a splendour ticket and regretting my choice to forego the 3-day event, yet again. I was particularly put off by the expense of it this year and I blame Kanye, who, admittedly, would probably be awesome but at the time it didn't seem enough, especially since I absolutely hate camping. Listening to triple j and their constant promotion of splendour 2011 artists, has made me realise though, as it did last year, just how much I'm missing.

A few of the artists I'm really sad to miss....

The Kills. I seriously love The Kills. I'm actually a terrible fan and hadn't realised how much I loved them despite always singing along to their songs, particularly 'Future Starts Slow' in recent weeks. The video below, directed by Philip Andelman, is really well shot and makes you feel like you have some secret insight into their world. Plus, the thought of possibly seeing Kate Moss supporting hubbie Jamie Hince at splendour is easily reason enough for me to consider fence jumping.



Gotye. He is amazing - can't wait until his new album is released. An absolutely amazing artist and songwriter, coming in 3rd in the 2011 Vanda and Young Songwriting Contest with 'Somebody That I Used to Know' from forthcoming album "Making Mirrors". Kimbra, who features in Gotye's latest single 'Somebody I used to know', came 1st in the contest with 'Cameo Lover'. She is definitely one to watch. 



Friendly Fires. Love love love their single 'Hawaiian Air' and I'm definitely sad that I've passed up an opportunity to see them live. 


And the list goes on... including Boy & Bear, GroupLove, Cut Copy, Modest Mouse, Kele.... and maybe Kanye West as well. The more I think about it, the more I regret not getting a ticket! Sigh.

Well, if anyone needs me, I'll be tuned into triple j all weekend, sitting in my backyard, wishfully pretending that I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment